This page is for sailors to learn about rules, tuning and tactics. If you have any suggestions, send them to the webmaster
|Play by the Rules
||Animated rules tutorial with quizzes (May not work on all browsers)
|Rules of Three
|| Situations and three rules that apply
Proper Course Requirements
- Room at obstruction
- Out of control
- Boats beating to windward on opposite tacks: Starboard tack boat can not fall below a close hauled course to cause a port tack boat to further change course to avoid it. Sometimes called hunting.
- While on the same tack a come from behind boat that overlaps a windward boat to leeward, within 2 hull lengths abeam,cannot cause the windward boat to change it's proper course.
- A boat sailing off wind to a mark that normally requires a jibe to make the rounding must sail a proper course to the mark, within the zone, and make a proper rounding. Exception: Does not apply at a gate mark.
From Dave Peterson
- A boat tacking from head to wind to a close hauled course has no rights during this maneuver. Luffing rights are permitted during the first half of the tack.
- A boat returning (closing the gap) to a starting line or it's extensions, to restart, must keep clear of all boats not returning.
- A boat taking a penalty has no rights over any boats not taking a penalty. Other boats are not allowed to purposely alter course to interfere with the boat taking the penalty.
|Intro to racing rules
||YouTube video with animations to explain the rules
|Tuning the Soling 1M
||Video by David Allsebrook explaining the tuning of a Soling 1M
|Rules and Tactics
||John's RC Sailing Rules and Tactics
||Tips and Tricks from the RC Laser website
||How to bind your transmitter to your receiver